The Xbox One X is the console more powerful. Allows you to play at a 4K resolution at 60 frames per second and takes up less space than the previous models. It is a wonder. However, it is not perfect. Since it launched in 2017, there are still some errors. Some of the main problems with Xbox One X are trivial, others can be more serious. Fortunately, most resolve with simple steps. Here are some of the problems of Xbox One X more frequent and their solutions. But if you need help with the Xbox’s traditional, you can also check out our guide.
Get in contact with Microsoft
|Live Chat||Web site|
|Self help||Web site|
|Phone||1-800-4-MYXBOX (Monday to Friday between 9 AM and 5 PM PT)|
The games are not displayed in 4K OR HDR
If you can’t enjoy games in 4K, it is likely that the problem is in the tv’s settings. In some occasions, it could be something as simple as the title does not support 4K or some settings limit the resolution in favour of other functions.
We created a guide for you to get the maximum 4K HDR on your Xbox One X, but these are the basics:
- Be sure to use an HDMI cable “high speed”. The Xbox One is useful, although there are also parts convenient.
- The HDMI port on the tv must support HDMI 2.0 / HDCP 2.2. Are the only ports available to content 4K and HDR. If you use a HDMI switch or an AV receiver, you must have both settings. This will allow you to connect multiple consoles in one or two ports.
The XBox One X suddenly shut off
It is the worst thing that can happen to your Xbox One X. you Are in the middle of a game of PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds, just a few seconds of a “chicken dinner”, when all of a sudden your console shuts down completely. The screen goes black and you may not be able to re-ignite the console.
In some cases, the console may be damaged. In these cases, the only option is to send it to Microsoft to request a replacement or a repair. To do so, use the registration tool and enter the serial number. Is located completely to the right, in the back of the Xbox One X and is labeled “SN”.
- Before taking this drastic measure, you could check the power cord. Some users who console them subsided spontaneously solved the problem by changing the cable official by one third. Due to the fact that the Xbox One X uses an internal power supply, the AC cord Nyko core that is sold at GameStop is compatible with this console (and also with the PlayStation 4). Unlike the Xbox One original, if the power supply is failing, you will not be able to replace it.
- If you had the Xbox One S, other users also reported that they were successful with the power cable for that console. Is identical to that included in the Xbox One X.
Does not start automatically log you in to Xbox Live
If you use the power-saving mode instead of the “instant-on”, occasionally you will raise your console and you will notice that it is not connected to Xbox Live. In some cases, this is due to a Microsoft issue. You’ll just need to manually enter your credentials to re-connect.
Often this problem is caused because the console has a memory apparently short: basically you forgot your Wifi network. Press the start button on your Xbox One to display the guide, then select the symbol of gear that will take you to the configuration screen. In such a place, select Network, then network Configuration , and, finally, Configure wireless network. Select the network you want to use and enter the password and you’ll be in line.
This problem tends to occur when you have not played on your Xbox One X for a few weeks. In our experience, the origin is not located in the Wifi network, because our PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch is reconnected without problems after a long time of inactivity.
If your console is disconnected from Xbox Live intermittently, the problem could be related to the modem or router. You try to change the channel of 2.4 GHz to 5 GHz, or vice versa. It is likely that you are experiencing fewer problems.
You are required to download the updates for games 4K
Xbox One X manages files for your games 4K “enhanced”. While it facilitates the process, also can force you to spend much more time downloading updates. In case there are, the games of Xbox One automatically downloaded an improved version, that can double the size of the standard version. You can’t download the standard game, even if you don’t have a tv 4K. You won’t be able to play the titles without downloading the update. If you have an Xbox One earlier and plan to transfer your games to the Xbox One X, this will be another step.
- Not all games are compatible even with 4K or other improvements of the Xbox One X. If you have one in that condition, you’ll be able to play it after transferring the content and the update of your other games. However, this is not the ideal solution, since many of the titles more great new Xbox One have already received improvements.
- You can mitigate the waiting, planning ahead and downloading the updates 4K to the original system. Open the settings and select System, then Backup and transfer, and you will see the option to Download content in the game 4K. Mark this check box and the compatible games will automatically start the update process, which means that you will be ready to operate as soon as the move to Xbox One X.
You can’t use Kinect
Like the Xbox One S, Xbox One X does not have a port for Kinect. This means that without an adapter, you will not be able to use the sensor for compatible games, or the user interface of Xbox One. Unfortunately, both the Kinect sensor as the adapter have been discontinued, so you will not be able to purchase them directly from Microsoft.
- Almost all the voice commands originally designed for the Kinect are now compatible with hearing aids with microphone. You can’t turn on your console using your voice, without Kinect, but you can use the function to move through the menus. However, you will need to use the assistant Cortana to work. The voice commands original Xbox are not compatible with the headphones.
- Both Kinect as your adapter are still available through third-party vendors, although the prices are quite high. You can end up paying as much as for an Xbox One X. unless you have a good reason for using a Kinect, simply don’t do it.
The Xbox One X not light up on your control
Occasionally, the Xbox One X will not turn on when you press the center button of your control. Even after disconnecting the console from the power outlet and change the batteries in the control, the system simply will not turn on. This is a problem that is terrifying, but the solution is much more simple.
- Press the power button on the front of the Xbox One X and the console will be started as you normally would. Connects the control. Then, turn the system off and try to turn it back on with the control. In the Xbox One X and Xbox One’s, that solved the problem completely. If the fault re-occur, repeat these steps and you’ll be able to play.
Recommendations of the editor