Without a doubt, the Xbox One is a console that not only gives you the opportunity to entertain you with hundreds of games, but, in addition, allows you to enjoy movies, series and other multimedia activities, excellent quality. However, it is not perfect. Like every technological device, has some errors that may thwart the experience of any. Find out what are the most common problems of the Xbox One and its possible solutions.
And eye, that Microsoft has solved many problems since the launch of the console in 2013… although it also seems that the issues that users have experienced have evolved along with the console. This is not a consolation for his bad performance of Xbox One, the Xbox One S or Xbox One X. The guide here covers the common problems associated with the console along with some solutions.
Get in contact with Microsoft
We recommend the use of the Microsoft web site to register your Xbox One. If you do, agilizarás any problem that is still covered by the warranty.
|Teléofno||1-800-4-MYXBOX (Support Agent Hours: M-F 9AM-5PM PT)|
One thing about Twitter
One of his first steps to solve any problem that you had with your Xbox One used to be in contact with the Twitter page @XboxSupport which is shown in the table above. However, at the beginning of 2018, Microsoft fired their team to support internal and replaced the employees by volunteers. The Twitter account is still active, but to put it another way, they take it pretty quiet. You may have more luck simply by contacting Microsoft over the phone by live chat.
The disk drive makes a strange sound
Although this problem reported by several users of Xbox One is quite noisy, fortunately it does not damage the disk. When you place a disc into the optical drive of the console, it produces a sound weird like “grinding”. Then, probably you’ll see an error message that says “sorry, we cannot play this disc. Try a game of Xbox One, a music CD or a movie on Blu-Ray or DVD “.
Microsoft has addressed this issue several times and has confirmed that the owners experience, they can return the hardware. However, you can also try to repair it yourself if you are familiar with optical drives, but it is likely that interest the warranty in the process. If you suffer from this problem, your options are limited.
- Returns the hardware to the place where you bought it. It is important that you know that, due to stock shortages, a replacement may take a while. Microsoft has said that it is trying to speed up production and while waiting for the console, will allow you to download online a game of your choice. Even you will be refunded your purchase, if you decide that you want to break your relationship with Xbox One.
- Please contact Microsoft directly using one of the contact methods above. The support team of the company is organizing replacements and, in some cases, will send you a new console with the game you choose before you submit the system.
The console is not updated
Some users have reported problems during the update phase mandatory. When this occurs, the Xbox One will not be able to access most of the features of Xbox One.
This could be a problem with the Xbox One, with your Internet connection, or even something on the end of Microsoft. Regardless of the cause, the result is a system that is not functioning properly. Before you get in contact with Microsoft, you have to follow some steps.
- Please check your Internet connection. Any break in the connection could derail the whole process.
- Please try again later. If you have a problem with the download of the update, it could be the fault of Microsoft. It is possible that there are too many users downloading at the same time or are doing server maintenance. Give him an hour or two. If the problem persists, check the page Status of the Microsoft Live.
- Check your hardware. Once more, it is obvious, but if you are using the wireless connection on Xbox One and receive an error, try a wired connection through Ethernet.
- Cycle your Xbox One. Press and hold the power button for five seconds until it turn off, then unplug the system and wait 30 seconds. Plug it and turn it on. This will allow you to reset the network card of your console.
- If you receive a specific error message regarding updates or an online connection in general, refer to the list of errors of connection of Microsoft network.
- If the update still doesn’t download, it’s time to contact Microsoft.
Xbox One does not turn on
Another problem reported by users is that the system does not turn on, and if he does it is only for a limited time and then is rapidly quenched. Although there is a high probability that this is a problem of the console, there is also the possibility that the power supply unit.
The first step is to simply verify that everything is connected correctly. Once you have done this, the next step is to check that your power supply unit is working properly.
All the power cables of the Xbox One have a light on them to indicate they are receiving power. If you see a white light or orange solid, the power supply is functioning properly. If there is no light or flashes, it should be replaced. Before you get in contact with Microsoft, try these quick solutions.
- Make sure that it is not the outlet to which is connected the console. Connect something else or you try to plug the power supply into another electrical outlet.
- If the power supply is not receiving power, is faulty and should be replaced. If you register your console, you can request a new power supply online.
- If the power supply is working, but the Xbox One still does not turn on, contact directly with Microsoft, as it may be a defect in the system.
- If the driver does not turn on the console, try pressing the power button on the console directly.
Your Xbox One turns off unexpectedly
A small amount of users have reported that their Xbox One shuts down unexpectedly. This is a problem different from that presented when the system does not turn on.
This may be due to a malfunction, but there are also other causes that any person can solve. Before rushing to contact Microsoft and tell them that your console does not work, try these steps to see if the problem can be resolved by your account.
- Check the ventilation in the system. If it overheats, you should receive a warning message, before the system is shut down. If it does, turn off the console and wait at least an hour. Make sure that the Xbox One has enough ventilation and try again. If this persists, please contact Microsoft.
- Check the light on the power pack. If you notice that the light flashes or is black, it is very likely that it is an issue of power.
- Check to see if your Xbox One is set to turn off automatically. For that, go to “Settings“, then select “Turn on and supply“, then select “switch Off after”. Choose the option “do Not automatically turn off” and ready.
- Make sure that the AC outlet that is connected to your Xbox One works correctly.
Your tv does not show the best resolution
Microsoft has confirmed that it is possible that some users have an Xbox One that cost them to automatically detect the resolution of display is appropriate.
This is an easy solution, but requires a few steps:
- From the dashboard of Xbox One, press the button Menu to open the settings. Select the option “sound and Display“, then select “TV Resolution” and choose the appropriate settings.
- If you have a tv that is relatively new, make sure your computer has the most recent firmware. See the owner’s manual of your tv if you’re not sure how to do this.
- If you still have display issues, test with an HDMI cable different. S with this option does not improve, there is no more to contact Microsoft.
The audio does not work properly
There are some known issues with the audio settings of Xbox One. Fortunately, none seems to be due to the hardware itself, so there are possible solutions you should try before contacting Microsoft.
The problem with the audio could be caused by several things, from the software settings to faulty connections. The bad news is that you may need to buy one or two new wires (or call Microsoft and wait for a replacement), but the good news is that all of this can be as simple as changing a few options.
- The first step should be to go to “Settings” and select “sound and Display“. From there, choose the option that reflects your system, either HDMI or optical, and then select the format of audio which suits to this system. If you do not know, select “Stereo uncompressed“.
- Let’s say you have confirmed that everything is connected properly. If you still have problems, it is possible that you have a optical cable or HDMI defective. Replace it and see if that fixes it… but save the receipt. If it doesn’t work, you can always return the cable after contact with Microsoft.
- If you have your Xbox connected to a TV box by cable, unplug everything, the Xbox One and the cable box, and then wait 30 seconds to clear the cache memory.
- Some cable boxes have audio settings unique. Check with your cable provider to see if they can help.
The games are not installed
All games from the Xbox One need to be installed. Usually, this process happens in the background, so that players can begin to play while the installation is in progress. But some users have reported that the installation process freezes still at 0%, so the game will not be played at all.
This could be a problem of the optical drive, the disc itself (assuming you’re using a disc instead of a downloadable game), or a network connection. You can require a call to Microsoft, but there may be an easier solution.
- The first thing you should do is make sure that your console is up to date with the latest updates from Microsoft. If your system is out of line, connect (assuming you have the means) and let the console do its work.
- If you’re on line, the problem may be your connection to Xbox Live. First, disconnect your Ethernet cable, or if you’re using a wireless connection disable it through “Settings“. Then press and hold the power button for 10 seconds. Restart your system, but don’t connect yet. If the installation begins normally, you should be able to reconnect to Xbox Live. If the problem continues, contact Microsoft.
- If it is just a game, assuming that you’re installing from a physical disc, make sure the disc is clean and without damage. If you have a scratch too noticeable, maybe you should return the game.
Controller not synchronized
It is possible that a driver is “getting out of control” throughout the life of your Xbox One. The Xbox forums have identified a lot of problems, especially with connectivity and the lack of precision. There are several easy methods that could resolve these problems. In both cases, you’ll want to asegurte that your driver is up to date.
- To disconnect the drivers, you will want to make sure your controller has batteries in operation, then tries to restart the console. If this does not solve anything, be sure you are within range of the Kinect. Each controller is equipped with two infrared lights that light up when the controller is out of range and is trying to reconnect. Obviously, make sure you’re within range, as this is essential to make your controller work.
- For the drivers to drift, make sure your driver is up to date and have new batteries. Then, turn off and unplug the console. This will empty your cache. Wait a few minutes and then restart the console. If the problem persists, you can request a replacement of your driver through the center of the online service of Xbox.
Xbox One can’t read the discs correctly
While it is not as annoying as listening to the sound of a disk, a Xbox One not reading discs is not exactly ideal, particularly if your library mainly consists of physical games. Some users have reported consoles that don’t read certain games, or even have a widespread problem when reading any discs.
The errors on the disks isolates are not always caused by damaged disks, and if your disk drive is having problems reading your games, does not necessarily mean that your console is bad. However, if any of the following solutions work, you may need to call Microsoft or take the drive in question to your distributor, if it is still under warranty.
- For errors isolated to read the disc, make sure the disk is not scratched or stained. The minor scrapes are generally okay, but the deep scratches often cause serious damage, even irreparable. Use a soft, slightly damp cloth to clean the disc. A microfiber cloth is ideal. Believe it or not, to rid your disk of fingerprints can do a lot to make a game successful. If your Xbox One still does not read the disk after you have cleaned, try to insert it in another console, if you have access to one. So, you can know if the disk is really faulty or if your console is the culprit.
- For read errors widespread, it is possible that the disk is not being read correctly by the laser. First, the disk ejects, and if the console is in an entertainment center, you’ll need to move carefully, but make sure that all cables remain plugged in when you do this. With the console turned on, inclínala from the front to an angle of 45 degrees. While you hold it, insert the disc. This will allow the disc to move more easily to its position as originally designed. Instead of an error message, your game should start to boot. Due to the fact that the Xbox One does not use a tray –as the old readers of CD– drive you could have difficulties to carry the disk far enough back and read it properly as time passes.
*Updated 24 October by Daniel Matus.
Recommendations of the editor