With the aim of adapting to a “new reality”, where home technology has gained greater relevance, the South Korean manufacturer Samsung Electronics shared a series of proposals within the framework of the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in 2021 .
The company showed a series of devices that use artificial intelligence to "understand context and make daily life perfect." And, according to Samsung, because in 2020 people spent more time at home, the "technology that was wanted" became the "technology that was needed."
One of the main innovations announced at CES 2021 was the JetBot 90 AI + robot vacuum cleaner, which uses object recognition technology to identify, classify and decide the best cleaning route, create cleaning schedules and designate “no-go” areas.
LiDAR and 3D sensors allow you to avoid cables and small objects, even organic pet waste. In these cases, it will send a notification for the user to take charge of the cleaning.
The device is also equipped with a camera and integrates the SmartThings app for home monitoring.
According to Samsung, it will arrive in the United States in the first quarter of 2021.
Other Samsung announcements
The Bespoke 4-Door Flex refrigerator from Samsung.
But the JetBot 90 AI + wasn't the only thing shown by Samsung. These are other innovations revealed by the Korean manufacturer.
- Samsung Bespoke 4-Door Flex – Refrigerator with interchangeable panels, allowing consumers to adjust its form and function. The new four-door model, available in the United States in the second quarter of 2021, includes a new Beverage Center, which provides quick access to a water dispenser. Furthermore, it is equipped with a dual automatic ice machine, which produces crushed ice in addition to traditional cubes.
- 110-inch MicroLED: The display features a self-illuminated inorganic LED with a slim, almost bezel-less Infinity Screen design, offering an immersive viewing experience. The 110-inch MicroLED adds “4Vue” (Quad View), a four-way viewing option that allows you to watch multiple sports at once or stream a tutorial while playing a video game. In the United States, it will include more than 160 free channels available through Samsung TV Plus.
- Lifestyle TV: Samsung's line of cutting-edge lifestyle TVs includes The Serif, The Frame, The Sero and The Terrace, a 4K QLED outdoor TV, as well as Samsung The Premiere, a cinema-quality 4K laser projector.
- SmartThings Cooking – Whisk's Food's AI-powered automatic meal planner that recommends menus for the entire week, makes shopping lists with ingredients, and connects to grocery retailers to shop in one place. Recipe instructions can be sent directly to paired Samsung cookers.
- Samsung Health Smart Trainer on Samsung TVs 2021: Samsung Health Smart Trainer tracks and analyzes posture in real time, like a personal trainer. During and after training, it helps to count your repetitions and calculate the calories burned. With video and interactive training via Bixby-enabled voice control, personalize the training experience at home.
- Samsung Bot Care – Under development, it is designed to use AI to recognize and respond to user behavior. You will be able to act as a robotic assistant or companion to take care of the details of life. It will learn your schedules and habits and send out reminders to guide you through a busy day.
- Samsung Bot Handy6: Also in development, Samsung Bot Handy will rely on advanced artificial intelligence to recognize and pick up objects of different sizes, shapes and weights, thus becoming an extension of the user. Samsung Bot Handy will differentiate the material composition of various objects and thus use the appropriate amount of force to grasp and move them.