The Mobile World Congress 2020 , Barcelona will surely become the first event is iconic of the technology that had to be cancelled because of the coronavirus.
Even before that the GSMA would be known officially about the suspension, many brands large telephony had already announced they would not engage for fear that they generated the pandemic.
Nearly a month after that happened, the association that brings together mobile operators, he detailed the way that will return the money to exhibitors, sponsors and the general public.
“The GSMA appreciates the loyalty and support of our members and partners in the mobile ecosystem around the world. We are grateful to have the full support of our Board of Directors and operators, and we already have the formal support of exhibition MWC Barcelona 2021 NTT DOCOMO, Orange, Telefónica and Vodafone, “ said John Hoffman, CEO, GSMA Ltd.” More than ever, our sincere thoughts remain with those affected throughout the world in these difficult times”.
Anyway, the GSMA insists that she was forced by the circumstances of the cancellation, and that was the only possible way.
“Our plan is to provide this gesture of goodwill is not an admission of liability, and the GSMA supports the decision to cancel the MWC Barcelona 2020. It was the only option at that time, as I have made clear in the subsequent events. It is a recognition that, without attendees, exhibitors and sponsors, there would be no MWC Barcelona. The GSMA is grateful to his colleagues in the industry for their continued support. The approach seeks to ensure a long-term relationship with the entire ecosystem of the CMM in the years to come and has been created to give everyone the best possible chance of returning to the MWC Barcelona 2021”, it argued.
How to return the money:
- The purchase price of all tickets for attendees will be refunded at 100% through the original payment method.
- Customers with charges of up to £ 5,000 ($5,935 usd) will have one of two options:
- Option one: cash equivalent to 100 percent of the fees paid, 2020; Or
- Option two: a credit of fees accumulated to 125 percent of the fees to be paid in 2020 for the following three years: MWC2021: credit of fees 65 percent; MWC2022: credit fee of 35 percent or MWC2023: credit committees of the 25 percent
- Customers with expenses exceeding £ 5,000 ($5,935 usd) will have one of two options:
- Option one: cash equivalent to 50 per cent of fees paid in 2020, with a maximum limit of £ 150,000 ($178,050 dollars); Or
- Option two: a credit of fees accumulated to 125 percent of the fees to be paid in 2020 for the following three years: MWC2021: credit of fees 65 percent; MWC2022: credit fee of 35 percent or MWC2023: credit committees of the 25 per cent.
Recommendations of the editor