The CES 2019 left the rod high for Google, as the company directed by Sundar Pichai filled the streets and buildings of las Vegas with The “Hey Google”, deploying in a big to prove to the competition that his Assistant had great news.
One of the innovations presented on this occasion was a interpreter that can translate conversations in real time, a feature that supports the skills of machine learning, and engineering of the giant of the searches on the internet.
What is certain is that in this 2020, Google not only returned to fill the streets and buildings of las Vegas with The “Hey Google”, but that in addition, it held a conference that highlighted the new features coming this 2020 the Google Assistant.
In a presentation that lasted approximately 40 minutes, the manufacturer showed some images of how the Google Assistant can now translate in real time in more than 30 languages and other updates. But not only that, after the presentation, a great logistics team from Google led a tour to all the journalists for all the infrastructure seemed to be an amusement park, where you could interact with the Google Assistant, to ask questions, to test the new updates and until we see it manage all the equipment of the room as if it were magic.
To know in detail and in a simple way, what will be the updates that will come to the Aide of Google, we took advantage of our visit at the event to interview to Lilian Rincon, Product manager for the development of the Google Assistant, who in addition to us ahead of what is the great goal that is posed to achieve this technological giant.
Corner assured us that when they come into force these updates, people might consider the Google Assistant as a translator staff, able to help you if you’re traveling em a country with a language you don’t know, you want to read a foreign book, or even becoming a fundamental tool in places that you frequent, hundreds of tourists as the hotels.
In addition, the Corner told us that with these and other updates soon to come want you the Google Assistant is to become the main tool of assistance and work in the world.
Below, we present to you a small summary of some of the announcements made by Google at CES 2020
- In the line of improving the understanding of language and speech to provide more options to the cell, Google incorporates a preview of a new experience that allows reading natural content of long-format, has been chosen to screen readers traditional as the Pixel Slate. Now the voices are more expressive and natural, less robotic, which makes them easier to listen to for longer periods of time. Ask Google to read a text or web page; in addition, you can translate the texts in 42 languages, obviously including the English.
- Speaking of languages, Google reported that the parsing mode, the function of translation in real time that allows you to engage in fluid conversations with someone who does not speak your language, now will be present, through its partners Fly and SONIFI, in business all over the world, such as hotels, airports, sports organizations, organizations that perform humanitarian efforts, banks and more. The Terminal 4 of the Airport John F. Kennedy International, Mercy Corps, and HSBC are just a few examples.
- Another new feature announced is the particular control of the smart devices in the home, with a feature called scheduled Actions, which will be out this 2020. You can ask the Wizard to turn on or turn off (or start or stop) a smart device at any time. Just say: “Hi Google, turn on the coffee maker to 6:00 am.” In this way, within the application of Google Home, you can control more than 20 new devices, including air conditioning units, air purifiers, bathtubs, coffee makers, vacuum cleaners and more. Increasingly smart devices of major brands work with the Wizard, and you can find many in the Google Store, including locks smart August, Philips Hue HDMI Sync Box, routers Telus Wifi Hub, GE Appliances, showers MOEN, D-Link, VIAROOM and more.
- The Wizard also comes to new entertainment devices such as displays, speakers, headphones and bars of sound of Acer, Aftershokz, Anker Innovations, Belkin, Cleer, Harman Kardon, Konka, JBL, Lenovo, Philips, Seiki, and LG. In regard to the tvs, Android TV has been improved to make it easier for manufacturers to incorporate microphones long-range in their teams, to function as any speaker smartphone from your seat. The first brands to incorporate this are Hisense and TCL, and the smart tvs released by Samsung in 2020 will also be provided with the Wizard.
- In family functions and day-to-day, now you can create sticky notes digital on your smart display, for all to share reminders and important updates. You just need to say something like: “Hey, Google, create a note to say that since I gave him to eat the cat”.
- Finally, privacy is a major focus in this deepening of the Wizard at CES 2020, which were announced more ways to give control to users on their settings and data using only the voice. When the Wizard is in sleep mode, it does not send anything of what you say to Google, or anyone else. Audio recordings that do perform, you decide if you agree or not that Google keep to improve their products. Two other actions announced at CES 2020 with which you can control your privacy are “Hey Google, that was not for you”, for the Wizard to discard something heard by mistake. And if you ask him, “Hey, Google, are you recording my audio data?” you will have access to your privacy controls and you’ll be able to change the preferences.
* Updated by Maria Teresa Lopes on 07 January 2020.
Recommendations of the editor